Monday, March 28, 2011

Back To The Future : Irina Werning - Photographer

from Irina's blog:
I love old photos. I admit being a nosey photographer. As soon as I step into someone else’s house, I start sniffing for them. Most of us are fascinated by their retro look but to me, it’s imagining how people would feel and look like if they were to reenact them today... A few months ago, I decided to actually do this. So, with my camera, I started inviting people to go back to their future. [click on the images to see them bigger - most of these are taken 20-30 years apart]















2010 ONGOING PROJECT...
by the way, this project made me realise Im a bit obsessive...

Looking for subjects in NY, Boston (May) and Europe (June). Drop me an email if you live there and would like to take part.


Get more info (including dates) and see a few more HERE

thanks, Roger Ebert

1 comment:

  1. Not sure who thought of it first but it has been done here also

    http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/artists/clarisse_darcimoles.htm?section_name=new_britannia

    ReplyDelete