Sunday, March 1, 2015

Nice tune for a Sunday

from Dangerous Minds:
Mary Poppins goes all death metal:



Yes, we’ve all seen dozens of these parody death metal videos. I believe the first one I saw was Louis Armstrong’s death metal version of “What a Wonderful World.” At the time I thought it was bloody brilliant. It worked.

There have been so many of them since that winner, that I do a mental eyeroll and pass them by. BUT, I did press play on this one. It takes Mary Poppins‘s earworm song “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” and gives it the you-know-what treatment. What’s amusing about this one in particular is that it’s done in both male and female death metal vocals. They even incorporated Dick Van Dyke’s notoriously naff Cockney accent, which I fot was a nice touch, guv’nor!

Look forward to their gruesome take on “Chim Chim Cher-ee.”




Via Nerdcore


No comments:

Post a Comment