Sunday, February 3, 2019

Baby Paul Cullen from THE IDEALIST


one option to get "the idealist" book is HERE.

View this post on Instagram

This classic photograph of “BABY PAUL” CULLEN appears only in my book THE IDEALIST “In My Eyes - 25 Years” you can read in my previous post what this book is all about or on line search the title of the book. The link in my bio will take you directly to amazon page where it’s still available (and with a discount as of this posting). this photo made in 1976 of Baby Paul is at Kenter Canyon Elementary school in the Brentwood section of West Los Angeles. One of the most fabled embanked schoolyard playgrounds where all the Original West Side skaters made the sport what it is today, from Danny Bearer in the 1960’s to the Zephyr Team in the 70’s. This was my local hang. I was 14 years old when i made this photo and a few others in the Idealist including from my very first roll of color slide film that my first published photo came from, of Jay Adams. And although there are several skateboarding images and PUNK and Hip Hop photos, this book is an ART book with a political bend as well, with several essays scattered throughout, as i tend to do, from Ian MacKaye to Ralph Nader. This is one of my all time favorites. For the real art and photography buffs out there. 👊🏽✌🏽✊🏽 #FILM #Inspiration #Integrity #35mm #ART #Photography #International #TheIdealist #PUNK #Landscapes #Skateboarding #BabyPaul #Zephyr #ZBoys #STYLE #Beauty #HipHop #Composition #character #book 1976 -2001

A post shared by glen E. friedman Ⓥ (@glenefriedman) on

No comments:

Post a Comment