Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kathleen Hanna: "THE RUNAWAYS MOVIE IS FUCKING AWESOME"

This movie reminded me of HBO’s Grey Gardens because it could’ve really sucked and it didn’t. It is actually fucking great. The best time I’ve had at the movies in forever and just in general satisfying with a capitol “S”. Kristen Stewart seriously deserves an academy award for her performance as Joan Jett. Not to brag, but I know Joan and was really worried she would be portrayed as a boring tomboy in the sick new tradition of “girls kick ass” flicks, but she wasn’t. Stewart portrayed her as a sexy, complicated punk who, quite simply was born to be onstage. Everyone at the after party was blown away by how well Stewart did. There is this certain hyper active kid meets cat that swallowed the canary face that Joan makes when she is really happy that Stewart nailed perfectly. If you haven’t seen this yet run don’t walk to your nearest movie theatre.

from Kathleen Hanna's personal blog

4 comments:

  1. I loved this movie so much. Now, I'm a 20 yr old who doesn't smoke or drink, but dammit this film made me want to be a badass-girl in a punk band-cocaine addict!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw it when it came out. Big Joan Jett fan and I agree, the acting was spot on. I appreciated that Jett was an executive producer on the film so you know it's legit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was honestly, uninterested at first, because it wa starring the Twilight crew. But, maybe I might just see it.

    ReplyDelete