Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One of my prints is on Charity Buzz to benefit PS41
Elementary school of my son and alma mater of Ad Rock.


AUCTION ENDS TODAY 3:40pm EST




I've donated an 11x14 museum quality print of mine to raise money for Public School 41 (PS41), The Greenwich Village school. My son just started here this year, and it's the alma mater of Beastie Boy "Ad Rock" and Robert DeNiro among many others. The print is signed by Adam and myself.

Every year the school does an auction to raise money for all the great things PTA boards do for the kids of the school (Arts, Dance, Science, Gym, etc. that the public school system no longer has enough money to support). So we parents and friends of the school do our part to pick up the slack.

Being that it's Adam's alma mater, I decided it would be cool to donate one of my original pre-'glory' portraits of the Beastie Boys, from 1986, taken just a few blocks away in Washington Square Park, to this years auction.

The bidding starting way below the actual value of the print, as i type this it's still a bit below it's actual value without Adam's signature.. so I thought some Beastie fan, person of good will, or some one you know might be interested. I also believe that whoever wants can own this print and get a tax deduction for contributing to the school at the same time!

You decide if it's for you or not, but as ODB once proudly proclaimed "Wu-Tang is for the children!"- Hope one of you can be too.

thanks!

-GEF



Bid here at Charity Buzz for this actual print!


No comments:

Post a Comment