Sunday, March 29, 2009

DUH! Sunday sermon of the month...

"Live your values, change the world. It's that simple."
Yes this narrator and the acoustic guitar background make this clip more 'hippy-dippy' than it needs to be. Just like the O.G. book (Diet For A New America) that helped me make the smart move back in '87, i have a little problem with the presentation for the average person. But listen to the facts and wake the fuck up when you're ready.



I've been vegan for 20+ years now, and let me tell you, these days it is SO much easier than it used to be. If you're considerate you're doing it, or at least thinking about it. If not, maybe one day you will be. I'll thank you then.

btw. The updated version of John Robbins' incredible book Diet For A New America is called The Food Revolution, i highly recommend it.



"What do sages, philosophers, artists and scientists tell us about our food choices? This clip features quotes from the Bible, Buddha, Tolstoy, Voltaire, St. Francis of Assisi, Leonardo da Vinci, Seneca, Edison, Hippocrates, Einstein, Guru Nanak, Colin Campbell and William Castelli."

4 comments:

  1. Diet For A New America was the first book I read when I first stopped eating meat.
    I keep a copy of it around (along with a dvd of Earthlings) so I can let whoever borrow/take it.

    Random question... What kind of photo gear are you using these days? What's in your bag?

    -Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. good of you to share the books, i've given them away many times.

    to answer your random question, same as always, k-1000, usually with a 20/2.8, usually not much else, for x-mas i bought a little pocket digi that i can get dirty or wet (sand or 3 meters underwater) with the widest angle they had, for family photos, but still have not taken it out of the box. Shot some tri-x the other day of my kid (my monthly roll of film on him) i think digital still has still got a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty wild you are still shooting film. My 20 2.8 is one of my favorite lenses.

    I shoot weddings (and hardcore shows) and the number of photographers I have met that still shoot film I can probably count on one hand.

    It took me awhile to switch over but when it comes to making a living digital just made more sense (for me at least).

    We have one of those pocket digitals also. We used it in for snorkeling in Hawaii and now it just sits there collecting dust

    Thanks for the reply!

    -Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i looked at the blog, nice work ... digital makes sense for business for sure when you can get away with it.

    ReplyDelete